- Professional policies and procedures – have appropriate policies and adhere to strict procedures in respect of the following: health and safety (including safe dance practice), equal opportunities and customer service (including, without limitation, in respect of dealing with any complaints which the
- A Children and Vulnerable Adults Protection Policy and Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau /Disclosure and Barring Service (CRB/ DBS) disclosure - hold and adhere to a Children and Vulnerable Adults Protection Policy. As part of this policy, to ensure valid, enhanced Criminal Records Bureau/Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure is in place for all members of staff including teachers, administrators and ancillary staff or its equivalent where available.
- Insurance - hold appropriate and
- Code of Professional Conduct and Practice - adhere to the Code of Professional Conduct and Practice of the Council for Dance Education and Training or an equivalent code recognised by the Council
- Information disclosure - prominently display at all times, enable students to access or provide on request to all students a copy of the Nine Requirements for Recognised Schools, full routine and emergency contact details, timetables and details of venues and examinations, public performances, competitions and / or displays
- Teaching qualifications and experience - ensure the majority of teaching is delivered by teachers who hold a Council, Ofqual, TDA or other government recognised teaching qualification or level three or above on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF); or are actively studying towards such a teaching qualification, where such a qualification exists. In this situation, teachers not holding or working towards such a teaching qualification will be in the minority but must still demonstrate professional teaching or training experience to the satisfaction of the Council
- Teaching Contracts - employ or engage all teachers working at the school on
- Staff appraisal procedure and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)- operate an annual staff appraisal procedure and deliver a Continuing Professional Development policy for teaching staff within the organisation
- Accounts and Finance - keep formal accounts which should be independently inspected or audited where required by law
To find your nearest Recognised School click here
To apply to become a Recognised School click here
“Sending my child to a Recognised School means I know the school is committed to putting the safety of my child first”.
B. Jacobs. Parent of child attending Dance Foundation.