The following statement explains the Council for Dance Education and Training’s policy regarding the personal information provided to us when using our web site. CDET’s aim is to meet current internet best practice and respect privacy in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Submitting Personal Information - When you supply personal information, we have a legal obligation towards you (as outlined in the Data Protection Act 1998) in the way we deal with that data. We will only use your information for the purpose for which you have provided it. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been accomplished. We will not sell, disclose, assign or rent your personal information to any other organisation or individual outside of our organisation.
- Users under 18 years of age - If you are under 18 years of age, please ensure that you obtain your parent’s or guardian's permission before providing personal information to the CDET website. Users under 18 years of age without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
- Our logo - Copying any of the logos which appear on our website for use on another website is strictly not permitted without asking specific permission beforehand. Ordinarily, consent will be provided if that logo is to be used as a link to the home page of our website at http://www.cdet.org.uk but you must contact us for permission first.
- Linking to our site - You do not need to ask permission to link directly to the home page of our site http://www.cdet.org.uk.
- Virus protection - CDET makes every effort to check and test materials held on this website at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. CDET cannot accept responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.
- Cookies - Many websites are designed with cookies which mean that whenever a visitor lands on their website, their information is tagged in order to track the flow of traffic to and from their site. CDET does not use any third party cookies on its website.