A Recognised Teacher is a dance, drama, music, singing and/or musical theatre teacher who is committed to
putting the safety of pupils first and meets the following Six Requirements of good professional practice.
Recognised Teachers must:
- Have and adhere to appropriate Professional Policies and Procedures in respect of the following: health and safety (including safe dance practice), safeguarding, equal opportunities and customer service (including feedback and complaints)
- Hold a valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Certificate
- Hold appropriate and adequate Insurance
- Adhere to the CDET Code of Professional Conduct and Practice or recognised equivalent
- Make the Six Requirements for Recognised Teachers document publically available, together with the following Key Information: contact details, timetables and venues for examinations and all performance events
- Hold a CDET, Ofqual or other government-recognised Teaching Qualification at QCF Level 3 or above or hold a performance based degree and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS)
To find your nearest Recognised Teacher search the database.
To apply online for the Recognised Teacher award click here
The Recognised Teacher category is an amalgamation of previous Recognised Qualified Teacher (QTS/QTLS) and Approved Teacher categories.