A Recognised Teacher is a dance, drama, music, singing and/or musical theatre teacher who is committed to
putting the safety of pupils first and meets the following Six Requirements of good professional practice.
All CDET Recognised Teachers:
- Have and adhere to appropriate Professional Policies and Procedures in respect of the following: health and safety (including safe dance practice), safeguarding, equal opportunities and customer service (including feedback and complaints)
- Hold a valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Certificate
- Hold appropriate and adequate Insurance
- Adhere to the CDET Code of Professional Conduct and Practice or recognised equivalent
- Make the Six Requirements for Recognised Teachers document publically available.
- Hold a CDET, Ofqual or other government-recognised Teaching Qualification at QCF Level 3 or above or hold a performance based degree and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS)
All CDET Recognised Teachers benefit from:
- Complementary inclusion in CDET's national online searchable database of schools and teachers
- Display of the CDET Recognised Award certificate
- Display of the CDET Recognised Teacher logo on marketing and promotional materials
- Access to bespoke insurance packages with performing arts specialist insurers Hencilla Canworth
- Discounted subscriptions from partner and supporting organisations – eg. IDS, The Stage, Dancing Times
- Discounted purchases from partner and supporting organisations – eg. IDS
- Discounts on Educare’s easy to use Duty of Care & Safeguarding e-learning courses
- Discounted offers on DanceBiz management software, an efficiency tool used by hundreds of dance schools
- Unlimited supplies of CDET Recognised Awards promotional leaflets and posters
To find your nearest CDET Recognised Teacher search the database.
To apply online for the CDET Recognised Teacher award click here
The Recognised Teacher category is an amalgamation of previous Recognised Qualified Teacher (QTS/QTLS) and Approved Teacher categories.