The ISTD is one of the most well-respected examination boards in the dance industry. With more than 250,000 examinations each year and 7,000 members worldwide, we are an extremely busy organisation and we currently have a job opportunity for a hard-working individual who is well motivated and excited at the prospect of becoming involved with such a prestigious Society.
Job Title: Professional Qualifications Officer
Responsible to: Head of Department, Customer Services & Quality Assurance
Main Purpose of Job: Responsible for the quality assurance and development of assessments for the higher level qualifications offered by the Society. Involves assisting in the development and monitoring of quality assurance procedures and assessments and the administration of marking.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible within a team of another Officer and an Assistant, for day to day administration of candidate registration for our professional dance teaching qualifications, as well as entry for examinations, financial accounting and results issue in stated timescales
- Responsible for the allocation and tracking of examination papers, for the checking and recording of candidates’ results for all units of ISTD teaching qualifications and final qualification achievement, and for ensuring the certification and recording of certificate issue dates
- Responsible for the approval and re-approval processes of Approved Dance Centres (ADCs), liaising with ISTD inspectors and colleagues in other department where relevant, ensuring all regulatory authority criteria are met, and monitoring changes to approved dance centres.
- Carrying out checks as necessary, including site visits to ADCs, to ensure compliance with examining procedures
- Co-ordination and delivery of marker training and moderation panels, ensuring that standards required by regulatory bodies are fully met and maintained for both written and practical examinations, and outputs recorded. Referral of issues relating to quality to the Head of Department
- Liaise with Question Development Panel and relevant colleagues to ensure the production, recording and monitoring of questions, essay titles, examination papers & marking schedules to ensure effective moderation and prevent fraud
- Deal with complaints, enquiries and appeals relating to professional qualifications, including matters of suspected malpractice, liaising with the Quality Assurance Manager and the Head of Department as necessary.
- Support the Head of Department in developing, sourcing, and managing the delivery of revised assessments, including online assessment, and liaising with ISTD subject matter experts as appropriate, striving for continuous improvement
- Provision of reports to management on areas of responsibility on request, including budget streams, performance statistics and management information and proposals for development/ revision of qualifications, procedures etc
- Participate in any other projects or tasks as required to support the Society’s aim and objectives.
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace
- Proven ability to work within timescales and prioritise workload
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, with a proven ability to provide and present clear reports and information to a wide range of audiences in order to promote and maintain compliance with regulatory and ISTD standards
- Strong analytical problem solving skills to support effective decision making and to identify and manage priorities and resolve difficulties encountered: solution focussed
- Proven ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team, at both strategic and tactical levels
- Demonstrable experience of working within in an examining, training or awarding body, preferably within Dance or the Arts, supporting qualification quality assurance and administrative processes
- Interest or experience in Dance, Arts or Education.
- Language skills in Greek or Italian
Closing date for applications is 22nd January 2018 and interviews are scheduled for the w/c 29th January 2018.
Salary is £24,000 per annum.