The ISTD, is now seeking a highly efficient and well organised Personal Assistant to report directly to the CEO and the Artistic Executive. We are seeking a bright and talented individual with a passion for administration for this exciting position
The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is one of the world’s leading dance examinations boards, a registered educational charity which covers the wide spectrum of dance genres in its 12 faculties. It supports and trains its members through a wide variety of courses, teaching syllabi, CPD and techniques. ISTD has over 7,000 members in more than 75 countries worldwide.
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Main Purpose of Job: To provide an efficient secretarial support and administrative service to the Chief Executive and Artistic Executive. In particular, to provide a single point of contact to co-ordinate all board, committee and faculty meetings, whilst dealing with queries and supporting administrative duties throughout the organisation as and when required.
Areas of Responsibility
- To provide confidential Personal Assistant and administrative support to the Executive team members, ensuring the smooth running of the department’s work through the creation and maintenance of a strong network of internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Actively administer and attend Council meetings and Committees as necessary, and produce agendas and accurate meeting reports and minutes within required timescales and distributing information to members, liaising as necessary with internal and external stakeholders to schedule meetings and notify attendees.
- Liaise with meeting Chairman to finalise minutes of meetings.
- Maintain both electronic and paper-based administrative systems necessary to support the effective and efficient running of the Executive team.
- Compile data and provide reports as required for the Executive, Committees etc.
- To organise and administer Faculty Ballots.
- Carry out any other ad hoc admin duties as and when required for eg; organisation of events, support other departments with administrative functions as necessary etc.
- A highly experienced professional who has gained significant experience of working independently in an office environment, dealing with people at all levels and from all backgrounds to provide effective and efficient administrative support.
- Proven ability to work without close supervision.
- Excellent time management by demonstrating ability to prioritis/organise own activities in a manner which ensures all objectives are met in a timely fashion.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, both orally and in writing, demonstrated through a clear and professional telephone manner, effective drafting of letters and reports, and a professional personal demeanour in dealing with visitors and board/faculty members.
- Strong organisation skills, with an ability to prioritise sometimes conflicting workload.
- Proven understanding and experience of providing a confidential, professional and customer focussed support service, prioritising the needs of the organisation to deliver objectives Secretarial skills.
- Demonstrable ability to process data accurately, with excellent attention to detail, in order to produce and/or contribute to the production of minutes/ reports for the Executive team or boards / committees
- Experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook to produce professional documents, (such as presentations spreadsheets and reports) manage data, and communicate effectively.
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace.
- Audio typing
- Shorthand/speed note taking
- Basic knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrable ability to process data accurately, with excellent attention to detail, in order to produce or contribute to the production of reports for the Executive team or boards / committees
Salary: To £25k basic salary (depending upon experience) + company benefits
Hours: F/T Monday to Friday (35 hours per week)
Location: HQ London
Closing date Friday 20th March 2017 - Interview date 23rd March 2017